About Bundelkhand Medical College, Sagar
Sagar derives its name from 'Saugor'(Hindi Sau-garh meaning hundred forts) because there were countless small forts in this region. Bundelkhand Medical College (BMC) was established at Sagar, Madhya Pradesh in the year 2007 . Dr S.C. Tiwari, acted as the first dean of this college. The first batch of M.B.B.S was admitted in 2009. This institute is currently being developed as the biggest centre for improving the medical teaching activity as well as higher quality health facilities for the people of entire Bundelkhand region.
Sagar (population 2378458, census 2011) is located approximately 2oo km North East from the capital of MP i.e.Bhopal and is almost equidistant from the other two Government Medical Colleges at Jhansi (U.P) and Jabalpur(M.P). So, this being a strategic location for the people of Bundelkhand. Presently only M.B.B.S course is being run by the college and there is a future plan to start dental, nursing and para-medical courses. This college is affliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University (MPMSU) Jabalpur, from 2014 onwards.Uptill 2013, it was affiliated to Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar.
THIS COLLEGE CONSISTS OF FOLLOWING BLOCKS
1. College building: its a beautifully designed building consisting of three floors.Grond floore has Administrative block including Dean office and Departments of Anatomy and Biochemistry.First floor has departments of Physiology and Community Medicine (P.S.M.).Pathology and Forensic Medicine departments are Located on Second floor including fully air conditioned Examination hall.Departments of Pharmacology and Microbiology are located on top floor.The College has a working lift facility.all departments have there own museums and modern amenities required for teaching,training and patients support. The college building is connected to the Central Library & L.T. complex.
2. A Central Library, Lecture Theatres and GYM complex :Another beautifully designed arctitecture building having 4 fully air conditioned lecture halls,a central library having latest edition books and National & International journals, are undfully air conditioned e-library ,reading room for students and staff,an air conitioned Gymnasium,central opened area, Boys & Girls common room(having table tennis,carrom).Within a very short time,facility of Vertual Class room is to be started in one of the lecture hall in which the student will be able to attend lectures of experts from various other universities accross India & world.The complex also has a beautiful medicinal Garden.
3. Besides the LT complex there is mortuary,P.M. room & animal house which is according to MCI norms.
4. Hospital is a 750 bedded,tertiary care teaching hospital having 3 floors. All the Clinical departments are present along with supportive departments,central lab etc. with a canteen, 24 hour casulty services are available.
5.Well constructed auditorium is also present.
6. Accomodation for students:- trere are 5 hostels. Each for girls,boys,nursing students,seperate female & male juniour resident hostels.Mess facility is currently available in boys & girls hostel.
7. Accomodaton for faculty & staff:-Separate bunglow for dean and supritendent.Apartment style accomodatoin for professors, associate professors, assistant professors, and demonstrators. There is separate accomodation for class three and class four employees nearby.
8. Guest house-a guest house with 12 rooms is present for faculty and students parents.
10. Play ground :- a beautiful lush green playground is present at the center of campus.This is one of the very few medical colleges in India having flood light facility for playing at night time as well.